I love this blog post – Why People Suck at Getting Healthy
#1 – Do or do not. There is no try. Yes. What I will do:
- 5 cardio sessions a week.
- 2 weight lifting sessions a week (beyond PT)
I’ve been slacking on the weight lifting. I cannot be the weakling that I was before! No! I WILL DO THIS.
#2 – Create Rules – I’ve already got this down. I have my steady breakfasts that are healthy, I have my gym routine in the AMs down. I’m working on this part and doing well. I don’t give in cause I do one thing thing bad…I truck on.
I’ve got rules. No dairy. No meat (except my sushi). No eggs. Veggies. Fruit. I need to follow those rules.
#3 – Get rid of the foods that are holding you back. That’s easy. There are very few left at my house…and I’m taking them out of my space today.
#4 – Make it impossible to skip a workout.
- I bought a new alarm. I know that sounds silly, but I found my light alarm, which I love. So this week – I bought a better one. And by better one I mean one that makes it like daylight in my room. It. Is. Bright. I will not be sleeping through this one. I bought this light – which luckily was on a severe sale last week! It does not mess around. I will be at my cardio every morning
- Then there is GymPact. Sure, living in the city, there are ways to cheat it. But, I will not. Doesn’t that go against the whole point? so far I’ve earned $35! I’m on my way to a new pair of shoes!
- Road Trip Plan? Planet Fitness! Guess what?!? They are in almost every city that I will be in on my summer long road trip. Sure, it’s not as fancy as my happy place gym, but it will make it impossible to skip a workout!
And that’s it. Nerd fitness pushes you to plan and to do better. I love this site!